Economic activities are subject to environmental controls by the Administration with the aim of imposing the necessary measures to minimise their impact on the environment.
On many occasions, these measures are mere declarations stating the start of an activity. However, if a significant environmental impact is proven, the start of an activity requires a preliminary concession of an environmental permit inclusive of all the necessary technical, legal, urban and environmental documentation.
Our law firm offers advice on how to interpret and implement these regulations, which must respect both the collective interests of environmental protection and also the rights of businesses to carry out their activities.
Licences and permits
- Licences, permits and environmental statements.
- Environmental impact studies, strategic environmental assessment and environmental impact declaration.
- Implementation of corrective measures.
- Challenges to agreements for licence concession or licence refusal.
- Regular inspections, adaptations and modifications of licences.
Sanctions, closure and legalization
- Disciplinary files for licence irregularities.
- Penalties, partial adjustments, order for closure of an activity.
- Legal representation before the courts against agreements relating to disciplinary actions or reestablishment of legality.
- Dossiers of legalization and adaptation of activities pre-existing to the environmental legislation.