The legal system establishes the legislation to regulate especially vulnerable natural areas and species in order to ensure the survival of natural assets like the flora and fauna and the natural landscape.
This set of rules can restrict the development of human activities, or impose conditions for the exploitation of certain activities and the development of protectionist policies for some protected areas.
- Declaration, boundaries, regulations. Nature reserve and National Park status.SPA (Special Protection Area), SCI (Site of Community Importance), Natura 2000, PEIN (a Catalonian-government initiative meaning Plan for Areas of Natural Interest).
- Compatible activities, charges for use, concessions of use.
Continental waters, land and sea public territory. Aquaculture.
Protection of flora and fauna
- Protected species, endangered species.
- Hunting and fishing regulations.
- Licences, permits, infringements and sanctions.