An expropriation occurs when the Public Administration or a beneficiary institution forcibly takes private property for a purpose deemed to be in the public interest, upon prior payment of compensation.
At our firm we take charge of the guidance and defence of the victims during the entire duration of the expropriation file, even before the courts of justice, until we are happy that the victims’ rights have been satisfied and they receive compensation for damages.
- Analysis and challenge of the project or plan causing the expropriation.
- Declaration of public utility and suitability for occupancy.
- Allegations of assets and rights affected.
- New layout and allocation of expropriated land.
- Assistance and drafting of pleas of preliminary proceedings and occupancy proceedings.
Just compensation proceedings
- Negotiation for the setting of just compensation by mutual agreement.
- Handling of the separate documents of valuation.
- Drafting of the appraisal report. Valuation of property and economic activities.
- Rehousing proceedings in the event of expropriation of habitual residence.
- Proceedings before the jury for mandatory expropriations.
- Administrative and contentious-administrative appeals against the Jury’s final decision.
- Processing of payment of just compensation and interests on arrears.
- Requests for revaluation and reversion.
- Claims for unlawful actions.