The Spanish Constitution recognizes the right to adequate housing. Consequently, the Public Administrations have developed policies and regulations to guarantee the quality of housing and the access to social housing.
They have also developed policies and resources for the regeneration of neglected neighbourhoods and buildings in order to improve the quality of life of their inhabitants.
Right to adequate housing
- First occupancy licence.
- Technical building inspections.
- Energy efficiency certificates.
Penalties for unoccupied dwellings.
- Restoration of buildings, housing estates and neighbourhoods: subsidies and grants.
Social and affordable housing
- Conditions of allocation and transfer of social housing.
- Preferential purchase right: first refusal and pre-emption.
- Management and processing of the right of re-housing.