The assets belonging to the Public Administrations, whether public property or heritage, share an administrative set of protective regulations. The assets of public use or service are strengthened with additional privileges.
Our firm advises clients on the defence of their interests in operations of acquisition or transfer of assets involving an Administration, and in cases when individuals or companies have private use of public assets. We deal with administrative concessions and permits, especially in sectors like waters, coasts, communication infrastructures, mines and historical or cultural heritage.
Public property and heritage assets of the Administration
- Acquisition, use and transfer of assets of the Administration.
- Concessions, building leases, agreements for use and occupancy.
- Canons and other considerations.
- Protection regulations: inventories, eviction orders, demarcation of boundaries, asset recovery, eligibility for confiscation.
- Ownership of rivers, lakes and subterranean waters. Demarcation of boundaries.
- Management of inland waters. Concessions for the private use of water.
- Registration and catalogue of waters. Wells. Community of users and irrigation groups.
- Water surcharge. Regulations and settlements.
- Ownership of coastlines, Property Register.
- Maritime public boundaries. Territorial sea and inland waters. Jurisdiction area. Demarcation of boundaries.
- Concessions and permits for special common uses and private uses.
- Fishing, marine farming and other uses of the sea.
Roads and railways
- Ownership and jurisdiction of roads.
- Projects of works and construction. Expropriations. Concessions of public works and public service.
- Rights of use of roads and railway.
- Restrictions and jurisdiction of adjacent land.
Ports and airports
- Ports of general interest and autonomous ports: planning and construction.
- Plans for use of port areas.
- Regulations for the common use and special use of ports.
- Concessions for the private use of public areas.
- Air easements, airport regulations, noise pollution and airport operations management.
Mines and hydrocarbons
- Ownership of mining deposits and hydrocarbons.
- Rights of research and exploitation.
- Administrative concessions. Commercialization.
Historical and cultural heritage
- Defence of the cultural, artistic and monumental heritage of Spain and the autonomies.
- Archaeological, ethnographic, documentary and bibliographic heritage.
- Assets of cultural interest. BCIL (stands for “Cultural Asset of Local Interest”) and BCIN (stands for “Cultural Asset of National Interest”).
- Public domain regulations, community forests, easements and restrictions.
- Protected natural parks and areas.
- Awarding of frequencies and emission allowance.
- Telephony networks and sites.
- Concession schemes.
Energy transport networks
- Transportation of electricity, gas and oil.
- Regulations of acquisition, easements and restrictions.
- Expropriations for the construction of infrastructures.