The actions of the Administration influence some of the behaviour of the market operators to avoid that consumers and competitors suffer any harming abuse.
Consumer and user rights are especially protected by the Spanish Constitution. The latter establishes that public authorities must guarantee the protection, information and education of consumers and users and defend their interests.
- Market protection.
- Abuse of a dominant position. Monopolies and oligopolies.
- Cartels. Illegal price pacts. Antitrust actions.
- Sanctions in relation to competition law.
- Proceedings of the competition authorities.
Consumers and users
- Consumer rights.
- Class actions to defend the interests of consumers.
- Rights of public service users.
- The consumer in the Internet.