The mission of the law-enforcement agencies, under Government control, is to ensure the free exercising of the citizens’ rights and freedoms, and to guarantee their safety.
The roles, basic principles of action and by-laws of the law-enforcement agencies are regulated by law.
Apart from the law-enforcement agencies that belong to the estate, there are private security companies that must be subject to legal and administrative rules, since they could have an impact on the freedom and safety of individuals.
There is also special legislation in place for the protection of civilians in case of emergency or force majeure that anticipates the restriction of individual rights.
CUCH-AGUILERA LEGAL offers guidance on existing legislation in matters of security.
- Police and army.
- Emergency plans and civil protection.
- Fire protection.
- Asset management liability and compensations.
- Private security companies and private security guards.
- Authorizations for the use of weapons.
- Cooperation agreements, public and private competences.
- Infringements and sanctions.